Bean curd or tofu is a vegan food prepared by coagulating soybean milk. It contains calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, B vitamins, copper, zinc, manganese, and iron. It also has a good property of antioxidant. Regular intake of healthy bacteria, such as the kind from yoghurt is very good for weight management. You can enjoy yogurt tofu gravy with ragi bread or pitta bread.
Ingredients – Yogurt Tofu with Fenugreek Seasoning
Tofu – 1 cup
Curd – 1/3 cup
Cubed Onion – 1/2 cup
Gram flour(Besan)- 2 tablespoons
Cubed Yellow Capsicum – 1/2 cup
Olive Oil – 2 tablespoons
Ginger-garlic paste – 1/4 teaspoon
Asafoetida/ Hing – 1/4 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Cumin seeds- 1/4 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Bay leaves – 2
Dried fenugreek leaves – 2 teaspoons
Recipe- Yogurt Tofu Gravy with Fenugreek Seasoning
- Heat your pan and add olive oil, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds. Once seeds start spluttering, add green chilli, ginger garlic paste, and bay leaves.
- Add coriander powder, asafoetida, and 1/3 cup water. You can also add turmeric and smoked Indian spices if you want to.
- Now whisk gram flour into yogurt until lump-free. Add this yogurt mixture to the pan stirring continuously until the gravy is blended properly.
- Add salt, and 1/4 cup water.
- Then add main ingredient of the dish – dry fenugreek leaves.
- Stir well, and add tofu now. Then increase the flame to high. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add capsicum and onion and cover with a lid. Let your dish simmer for 2-3 minutes, and switch off the flame.
Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve.